Welcome to the Liberating Potential website.
I founded Liberating Potential in 1996 following a 15-year career in HR and Organisation Development in the public and finance sectors. Over 20 years later I have helped many leaders and their teams in the UK and abroad across a range of sectors develop high-performance working relationships.
I have advised, developed and coached leaders and their teams up to board level for the majority of my career. Examples include:
- 15 years advising, coaching and developing the senior management, Directors and CEO of a large national charity (the RSPB) on leadership, organisation development and change
- Facilitation and coaching on the UK Civil Service High Potential Development Programme for cross-department Directors. Facilitating action learning and organisation change across a range of departments in support of the Civil Service transformation agenda
- Tutoring and coaching on international leadership development programmes, e.g. Oxford University Press, De Beers, Smiths Detection
- In-depth assessment centres, personal audits and coaching of leaders across a range of sectors, UK and international, including Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership
- Supported strategic changes in the UK Forestry Commission across England and Wales through large group integration work involving groups of between 50 and 70 people at all levels and leadership team development and coaching
- As a preferred supplier to Prudential UK provided a leadership, team and organisation development service across a range of departments over a 7-year period
- Helped recover a failing strategic alliance between a US electronics manufacturer and its South African reseller worth an annual £50million
I have an MSc. in Personnel Management (Aston University Business School) a Diploma in Gestalt Organisational Consulting and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy Studies (Gestalt Centre London/Metropolitan University).
I am a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Chartered FCIPD) and an Accredited Master Executive Coach with the Association for Coaching. I am also accredited by the British Psychological Society in several psychometric instruments including the Type Dynamics Indicator/MBTI, 15FQ + (16PF family), NEO PI-R, the Hogan Development Survey and FIRO Elements.
I have published material on change leadership, coaching and coaching supervision. I have also written a book Collaborating for Results: Silo Working and Relationships that Work, published by Gower in July 2013 (now Routledge). As well as extensive research the book is based on my many years of individual and team coaching experience.
Please contact me for further information.